Position: Accounts Payable/Receivable Coordinator
Reports To: Owners, Marcia Maizel-Clarke and Merlin Clarke
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Hourly Rate: $21.00 - $26.00 (depending on experience) ($45,000 - $55,000)
Dogeared was born on the beautiful beaches of Southern California in 1991. Founder Marcia Maizel-Clarke believed jewelry could be both beautiful and meaningful. The jewels are simple, modern and versatile, inspired by California’s free spirited, natural beauty. Each piece tells a story celebrating individuality, self-expression, love, and friendship. Dogeared’s unique jewels regularly appear on celebrities on and off the red carpet, as well as in fashion and lifestyle publications, movies and TV.
Dogeared lives by the philosophy that what goes around comes around and strives to make a positive impact by handcrafting everything in the USA, being kind to the planet, and partnering with non-profit organizations who share their vision of a better world. Dogeared is a certified B-Corporation, joining a community dedicated to using business as a force of good and reaffirming Dogeared’s commitment to 'B the change.'
Position: Accounts Payable/Receivable Coordinator
Dogeared is hiring for an Accounts Payable/Receivable Coordinator. This person will be responsible for all Accounts Payable and Receivable functions for Dogeared. The Accounts Payable/Receivable Coordinator is part of the accounting team to facilitate completion of financial objectives established Dogeared Owners and Controller.
Account Payable Responsibilities:
- Manage Accounts Payable.
- Review payable invoices/check requests and accompanying documentation for accuracy and proper authorization/approval.
- Communicate with vendors regarding any issues or inquires
- Maintain vendor files; soft and hard copies
- Manage filing system
- Assign correct General Ledger Codes in order to accurately reflect payable(s) against budget projects and payment expectations.
- Enter vendor invoice into our accounting software - reviewing data entry for accuracy and verify proper categories in our Dogeared ERP system.
- Maintain master vendor list, verifying all discounts, and related Accounts Payable information.
- Expedites rush and special payments and returns any improperly submitted documentation for correction by vendor or requestor.
- Verify and prepare check requests and approving documents.
- Review incoming invoices and payment request documents for approval authority.
Account Receivable Responsibilities:
- Posting daily cash receipts.
- Manage the A/R aging.
- Make collection/follow-up calls on delinquent accounts.
- Maintain weekly aged receivable reports.
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies.
- Assign correct General Ledger Codes in order to accurately reflect receipts against budget projects and receivable expectations.
- Monitors aging reports weekly to ensure that charges are booked accurately and collected on all assigned accounts.
- Audits assigned accounts to ensure accurate billing and posting of payments.
- Assure timely collection of monies due to corporation.
- Monitor and report on deviations from credit standards.
- Manage cash application making sure all cash receipts are applied properly
- Assure that the company’s standard template regarding invoice sample is in place for every customer.
- Conduct credit checks on all customer, establish and manage limits.
- Oversees the reconciling of payments with corresponding invoices. Follows up on any discrepancies in a timely manner. Posts payments accurately. Ensures that totals on reports balance to the bank deposit for all assigned batches.
- Communicates issues and problems related to payments to Marcia swiftly and promptly.
- Protects and honors client's confidentiality and right to privacy. Treats all customers---clients, responsible parties, Branch Office personnel, vendors and outside business contacts---with respect and professionalism.
- 3-5 years of progressive accounting experience.
- Experience in manufacturing and/or retail is a plus.
- Experience with cash handling, bookkeeping and accounting systems.
- Above average ability to organize, manage time and set priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and shift priorities to meet departmental requirements.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, integrity and confidentiality.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to research and analyze various types of data information.
- Must be able to handle confidential information.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Creative problem solver.
- Positive, "can-do" attitude!
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with notice.
We are not accepting applications for this position at this time
Dogeared is an Equal Opportunity Employer