Good Things Happen Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: #goodthingshappen Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Dogeared, Inc. and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Dogeared, Inc. 6047 Bristol Parkway, Culver City, CA 90230.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on August 5, 2014 at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time ("PST") and ends September 2, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. PST (the "Promotion Period"). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, create or log-in to your Instagram or Twitter account, take or share a photo of you wearing Dogeared and tell us why you love wearing it using the hashtags #dogeared and #goodthingshappen. Upon sharing your photo with the hashtags #dogeared and #goodthingshappen, you automatically will receive one (1) entry into the applicable weekly Entry Period and the Grand Prize drawing.
Alternate Method of Entry: If you would like to participate in the Sweepstakes but do not have an Instagram or Twitter account or do not have access to Instagram or Twitter, send an email to email@example.com with the subject line, "#goodthingshappen - Entry" and include your first and last name, physical address (P.O. Boxes not accepted), and date of birth and why you love wearing Dogeared in the body of the email. Upon receipt of your email, you automatically will receive one (1) entry into the applicable weekly Entry Period and the Grand Prize drawing.
Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address or Instagram and Twitter accounts. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register for the Instagram or Twitter account or send the alternate method entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. Drawings: Sponsor is the independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor will randomly select one (1) potential winner per Weekly Entry Period from all eligible entries received during the applicable Weekly Entry Period on or around the day following the applicable Weekly Entry Period, and will randomly select the potential Grand Prize winner from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period, on or around September 2, 2014. If you entered through Instagram, in order to receive any communication regarding your entry or potential win, your "Photos are Private" setting of your Instagram or Twitter profile must be turned to "OFF". The potential winners will be notified at the Instagram account used to enter and/or email. The prize winners are required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. The potential winners must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age and residence within three (3) days of being notified as a potential winner. Except where prohibited, the potential Grand Prize winners (or parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release ("Declaration") which must be received by Sponsor, within seven (7) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Declaration or provide any other requested information within the required time period (if applicable), or the prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries in the applicable pool. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately three (3) weeks after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes.
ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: A $250 Dogeared gift card. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $250. FOUR (4) WEEKLY ENTRY PERIOD PRIZES (1 per Weekly Entry Period): Week 1: ONE (1) Original Karma Necklace, Gold Dipped, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $72, Week 2: ONE (1) 100 Good Wishes Tiny Faceted Necklace, Sterling Silver, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $90, Week 3: ONE (1) Good Luck Elephant Reminder Necklace, Gold Dipped, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $58, Week 4: ONE (1) Medium Square Bar Necklace, Sterling Silver, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $72.
Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Odds of winning the Instagram and Twitter #goodthingshappen contest are approximately 1/675,000; however such estimate is based on prior Dogeared sweepstake contests and the actual odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Limit: One (1) prize per person.
The Sponsor and Released Parties have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize awarded and specifically disclaim all such warranties, including, without limitation, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The prize is awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND either expressed or implied. A prize may not be sold, traded, or commissioned, and is not exchangeable, transferable, or redeemable for cash except in Sponsor's sole discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change. There are no substitutions unless specified by the Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to substitute any prize (or prize component) with another prize (or prize component) of equal or greater value. The Sponsor and Released Parties are not in any way responsible or liable for damages resulting from shipping and handling, loss, use or misuse of any prize awarded in this Contest.
The prize winners will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize they receive. The stated “ARV” of the prizes is based on available information provided to Sponsor, and any difference in ARV at the time of awarding will not be awarded, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. A prize winner may be required to provide Sponsor with a valid social security number (should the ARV of the respective prize be equal or greater than $600, social security number will be required) and complete a W-9 form before a prize will be awarded for tax reporting purposes. An IRS Form 1099-MISC may be issued in the name of the respective prize winner for the total ARV of the prize, as stated above, in the calendar year the prize was won. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded.
Each winner’s acceptance of a prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited) for the Sponsor to use the winner’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice and address (city and state) for any and all public relations, advertising and/or promotional purposes as determined by Sponsor, in all forms of media and by all manners (now and hereafter known), in perpetuity, without notice, consent, review or approval or further compensation.
7. General: By participating, participants (a) agree to abide and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters; (b) consent to the use by Sponsor and its designees of their names, cities and states of residence, photograph, voice and/or other likenesses and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law; and (c) agree to release, discharge and hold harmless, the Released Parties from any liability, claims, losses and damages of any kind, including death, to persons or property, arising out of, or relating to, their participation in this Promotion, and the acceptance, use, misuse or possession of the Prize, including as set out in the Limitations of Liability section. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant from this Promotion or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsor or any of its affiliates if Sponsor suspects or finds entrant to be: (a) violating the Official Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion; (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or (d) attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants, the Sponsor or Sponsor’s representatives.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE PROMOTION WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AND TO BAN OR DISQUALIFY AN ENTRANT FROM THIS AND FUTURE PROMOTION.
8. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties do not assume any responsibility and the entrant releases the Released Parties from any and all claims, actions, damages, demands and liabilities of whatever nature or kind arising out of, or in connection with the entrant’s participation or attempted participation in the Promotion or acceptance/use of a Prize, including, without limitation, the administration of the Promotion, the selection and confirmation of winners, and the arranging, awarding and use of the Prize. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Released Parties are not responsible for (i) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information; (ii) late, lost, stolen, contain false information, damaged, misdirected, garbled or incomplete entries, transmissions or transactions, those that are altered or otherwise irregular, have been submitted through illicit means or do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Official Rules; (iii) any loss, damage, or claims caused by, or in anyway related to the awarded Prize or the Promotion itself; (iv) failure of the Promotion website, or any operations or transmission of information during the Promotion Period, including, without limitation, any problems, human or technical, errors, lost, delayed, garbled or corrupted data or transmissions, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or failures of any telephone or transmission lines, technical malfunctions of any computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including, without limitation, any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any material connected to the Promotion, all of which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Promotion; (v) any errors, omissions, incorrect or inaccurate information in any Promotion-related materials, including, without limitation, printing or advertising errors or the failure of or problems with any equipment or programming associated with or used in the Promotion howsoever caused; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer "hackers" or otherwise; (vii) any claims regarding the accepting, arranging, awarding or use of the Prize; or (viii) electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind. Entry material/data that has been tampered with or altered is void. Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as originally planned, including should any virus, worm, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Promotion. Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected wtih this Promotion or prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgements and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurrred NOT TO EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100), including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys' feels; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all right to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all right to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
I further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that I may have with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. I understand that Section 1542 provides that: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
DISCLAIMER: The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook.
9. Mandatory Arbitration: Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in this Promotion, the parties agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, or the determination of winners shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of California, in the City of Culver City, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator will apply the substantive laws of the State of California, will issue a written decision and will have the power to award any legal remedies except as limited by these Official Rules. The parties will split the arbitrator’s fee; provided, however, if applicable law requires Sponsor to pay the arbitrator’s fee in order for the arbitration provision to be enforceable, Sponsor shall have the discretion to elect to pay such fees and proceed to arbitration. You irrevocably waive any right to bring or join in any class action regarding the Promotion. Judgment upon the arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. This arbitration provision shall be deemed to be self-executing, and in the event that any party fails to appear to any properly noticed arbitration proceeding, an award may be entered against such party notwithstanding said failure to appear.
11. Winner List: For a winner list, mail a self-addressed envelope to #goodthingshappen Sweepstakes – Winner List, 6047 Bristol Parkway, Culver City, CA 90230 after September 2, 2014.