1. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Dogeared Give Joy & Get Jewels Promotion (the "Promotion") begins on November 12, 2012 at 12:00:01 a.m. Pacific Standard Time ("PST") and ends on November 30, 2012 at 11:59:59 p.m. PST (the "Promotion Period").
2. ELIGIBILITY: Promotion is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of Dogeared Jewels and Gifts, LLC ("Sponsor"), Promotion Activators, Inc., and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, distributors, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, and any other individuals engaged in any way in the development, production, printing, distribution or execution of this Promotion, and their immediate family members (spouse, parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household of each such employee, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win a prize. Void where prohibited. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Promotion Period, create a Pinterest board titled "GIVE" with at least ten (10) images from the Dogeared "GIVE" Pinterest board and/or the Dogeared.com website ("pins") of the things you want to give and receive this holiday season. All "pins" must be from the GIVE Dogeared Pinterest board and/or the Dogeared.com website; you may not include "pins" from other websites. One of the pins must include the "Give Joy & Get Jewels" logo. You must include the hashtag #GiveDogeared on each "pin." If you include a caption, the caption must be in English. Submit your entry on www.Dogeared.com by submitting your name and email address and providing a link to your GIVE Pinterest board ("Entry").
LIMIT: One (1) entry per person / email address for the entire Promotion Period. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. PST on November 30, 2012 to be eligible for the Promotion. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Pinterest. You are providing your email address to Sponsor and not to Pinterest. Personal information collected from entrant will be collected by Sponsor and used by Sponsor and its third party provider to (i) administer the Promotion, (ii) send communications relating to the Promotion, and (iii) notify the winners and award prizes. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an Entry, the name of the "authorized account holder" associated with the email address submitted will be deemed to be the entrant.
The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries. Entries that contain false information or are incomplete or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions set out in the Official Rules will be void. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entry and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated program to enter will result in disqualification. Sponsor's clock is the official timekeeping device for this Promotion.
If you choose to include a caption with any "pin", caption must conform with the Pinterest terms and conditions, which can be found at http://pinterest.com/about/terms/, and the following Requirements:
By submitting an Entry, entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor may obtain many submissions under this Promotion and that such Entries may be similar or identical in theme, idea, format or other respects to others submitted under this Promotion and/or other contests staged and/or sponsored by the Sponsor, or to other ideas conceived by or provided to Sponsor and entrant waives any and all claims entrant may have had, may have, and/or may have in the future, that any Entry and/or other works accepted, reviewed and/or used by the Sponsor (or their designees) may be similar to his/her Entry.
4. PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: Five (5) Prizes: each winner will receive a $250 Dogeared Electronic Gift Card. Prizes will be delivered via email to the email address provided by the winner at the time of entry. Total value of all prizes: $1,250.00. No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent is permitted except by Sponsor. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes and other fees associated with Prize receipt. Gift Cards are subject to terms and conditions as specified by issuer.
Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions, cash redemption or transfer of any prizes permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes will be awarded provided they are properly claimed in accordance with these Official Rules and a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received.
5. RANDOM DRAWING: Winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received conducted by a representative of the Sponsor. The drawing will be held on or about December 4, 2012. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: You are not a winner until your eligibility has been verified, and it is determined that you have complied with all terms of these Official Rules. Potential Prize winners will be notified by email. If Prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor is unable to contact potential winner, or the potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, Prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor's discretion, an alternate winner may be selected, even if the disqualified potential winner's name may have been publicly announced. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number.
7. GENERAL: By participating, participants (a) agree to abide and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters; (b) consent to the use by Sponsor and its designees of their names, cities and states of residence, photograph, voice and/or other likenesses and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law; and (c) agree to release, discharge and hold harmless, Sponsor, Promotion Activators, Inc., and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, distributors, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, and any other individuals engaged in any way in the development, production, printing, distribution or execution of this Promotion, and the respective directors, officers, agents and employees of the foregoing (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any liability, claims, losses and damages of any kind, including death, to persons or property, arising out of, or relating to, their participation in this Promotion, and the acceptance, use, misuse or possession of the Prize, including as set out in the Limitations of Liability section. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant from this Promotion or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsor or any of its affiliates if Sponsor suspects or finds entrant to be: (a) violating the Official Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion; (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or (d) attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants, the Sponsor or Sponsor's representatives.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Released Parties do not assume any responsibility and the entrant releases the Released Parties from any and all claims, actions, damages, demands and liabilities of whatever nature or kind arising out of, or in connection with the entrant's participation or attempted participation in the Promotion or acceptance/use of a Prize, including, without limitation, the administration of the Promotion, the selection and confirmation of winners, and the arranging, awarding and use of the Prize. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Released Parties are not responsible for (i) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information; (ii) late, lost, stolen, contain false information, damaged, misdirected, garbled or incomplete entries, transmissions or transactions, those that are altered or otherwise irregular, have been submitted through illicit means or do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Official Rules; (iii) any loss, damage, or claims caused by, or in anyway related to the awarded Prize or the Promotion itself; (iv) failure of the Promotion website, the Pinterest website or any operations or transmission of information during the Promotion Period, including, without limitation, any problems, human or technical, errors, lost, delayed, garbled or corrupted data or transmissions, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or failures of any telephone or transmission lines, technical malfunctions of any computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including, without limitation, any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any material connected to the Promotion, all of which may affect a person's ability to participate in the Promotion; (v) any errors, omissions, incorrect or inaccurate information in any Promotion-related materials, including, without limitation, printing or advertising errors or the failure of or problems with any equipment or programming associated with or used in the Promotion howsoever caused; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer "hackers" or otherwise; (vii) any claims regarding the accepting, arranging, awarding or use of the Prize; or (viii) electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind. Entry material/data that has been tampered with or altered is void. Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as originally planned, including should any virus, worm, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Promotion. Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners (available after all winners have been verified), send a self-addressed, stamped, business size (#10) envelope by January 31, 2013 to: Dogeared Give Joy & Get Jewels Promotion, Winners List Request, 6047 Bristol Parkway, Culver City, CA 90230.
10. GOVERNING LAW. All disputes concerning the construction, interpretation, validity, effect, and enforceability of these Official Rules will be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to conflicts of laws provisions. Entrant agrees that exclusive jurisdiction over any legal action arising out of or in connection with the Promotion will be in state or federal courts located in or nearest to Sacramento, CA, and by entering consents to such jurisdiction and venue.
11. SPONSOR: Dogeared Jewels and Gifts, LLC, 6047 Bristol Parkway, Culver City, CA 90230