Position: Front End Developer
Reports To: IT Director
Status: Full-time Temporary
This position is temporary with the potential to become a regular employee. The selected candidate will report to the IT Director. They will be responsible for coding all in-house projects as outlined below in conjunction with any third-party technical providers. Position will focus on executing best practices related to user-experience, responsive design, and branding across multiple channels. Position will work closely on deliverables to support marketing, e-commerce and sales within the company.
- Handle all programming of site updates in conjunction with marketing team for all weekly and project-based improvements including UX / UI recommendations for Dogeared.com & DogearedWholesale.com including but not limited to:
- Homepage templates
- Landing Pages
- Header / Footer / Navigation / Site Enhancements
- Site Performance & Functionality
- Work with the Customer Experience Director & marketing team to understand needle moving goals and strategy to enhance functionality of Demandware e-commerce platform, project initiatives and site improvements and act as in-house support and technical liaison to vendors and creative team to facilitate and guide recommendations.
- Work in conjunction with Digital Operations Manager and Marketing Coordinator to code all HTML / CSS e-mails, building responsive template designs, using ESP’s scripting language, automation and tools to ensure that e-mails are dynamic, efficient and render correctly across all e-mail clients.
- Conducting all testing, preparing program assets for deployment, link testing, confirming tracking data, subscriber lists & segmentation, dynamic content (animation, video), and any data driven personalization.
- Deployment configuration, subject lines, send confirmations
- Manage data flows and lists and monitor performance. Suggest areas for optimization in partnership with ESP & Customer Experience Team.
- Prepare files as required, slicing / re-sizing
- Guide growth and evolution of The Dogeared blog (Wordpress) and integrate customizations and solutions to function across applications and platforms. Optimizing performance.
- Work with IT Director on implementation of ERP and OMS systems company-wide to guide integration of API’s, xml transports and SQL databases related to e-commerce site.
Skills & Qualifications:
You’re seasoned enough to take ownership of the front-end but have keen acumen on optimizing the consumption of core backend services. You’re a meticulous code-slinger with attention to detail and mindful of cross-browser and mobile device compatibility requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related
- 5+ years of front end development in fast-pace and highly collaborative environment
- Technical Requirements: HTML5, CSS , Java Script, jQuery, MySQL, MV* frameworks (backbone.js or ember.js) a plus
- OpenSource PHP (Wordpress)
- Current best practices to integrate responsive design browser compatibility for all channels
- E-commerce best practices and industry standards knowledge on UX / UI design
- Strond understanding of object-oriented programming, design patterns in PHP and ability to demonstrate solid understanding of current best practices related to the web, including security
- Superior attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines with minimal oversight
- Detailed understanding of the web as it relates to working with an enterprise level eCommerce solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, analytical and problem solving skills, and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively within a team in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Knowledge of email compliant HTML and email marketing platforms a plus (Mailchimp, Listrak, Constant Contact e.g.)
- Available after-hours on occasion
Dogeared was born on the beautiful beaches of Southern California in 1991. Founder Marcia Maizel-Clarke believed jewelry could be both beautiful and meaningful. The jewels are simple, modern and versatile, inspired by California’s free spirited, natural beauty. Each piece tells a story celebrating individuality, self-expression, love, and friendship. Dogeared’s unique jewels regularly appear on celebrities on and off the red carpet, as well as in fashion and lifestyle publications, movies and TV.
Dogeared lives by the philosophy that what goes around comes around, and strives to make a positive impact by handcrafting everything in the USA, being kind to the planet, and partnering with non-profit organizations who share their vision of a better world. Dogeared is a certified B-Corporation, joining a community dedicated to using business as a force of good and reaffirming Dogeared’s commitment to ‘B the change.’
Dogeared is an Equal Opportunity Employee